The Home Office Checklist
Must-Haves, Nice-to-Haves, and Items for the Ideal Wish List
COVID-19 has changed the way we work – possibly on a permanent basis for many. Given the significant overhead expenses that can be saved by companies, home offices are becoming the norm, rather than the exception.
So, if you’re considering the conversion of a garage or extra bedroom into home office space, there are some items to consider that can make your work space functional, smart, and convenient.
These can fall into either the must-have or nice-to-have category. You could also have a list of items that could put your new home office over the top – in turn, allowing you to focus and do your very best work.
The must-have list includes:
- Chair (ideally one that is ergonomically correct so as to ease pressure from your back)
- Backup / external hard drive (for backing up files)
- File cabinet
- Outlets and surge protector(s)
- Paper shredder
- High-speed internet access (and router)
- Adequate lighting
- Telephone and/or VoIP (internet-based phone system)
Once you’ve got the necessary items in place, there are some additional “nice-to-haves” that may also be included on your list for creating the perfect home office space for you. These could include some or all of the following:
- Professional back drop to be used during Zoom or other virtual online meetings
- Television set
- Grease board (to be used for presentations and/or as a wall calendar)
- Safe / Fire-safe box
Still not sure where to get started on creating and furnishing your home office?
If you’re located in Orlando or the Central Florida area, give LP Design and Renovation a call and talk with one of our experienced designers. You can reach us by phone at (407) 901-6215 or via email by going to https://lpinspiredrenovations.com/contact/. We look forward to hearing from you.